Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lofty Ideas


For as long as I can remember Dad and I would drive from job to job planning and dreaming what we would do when we could fund our own projects. We've always gone back and forth, bringing each other back to earth.. but only a little bit. What's the point of having a passion for something if you can't dream up the biggest and the best use of your ability? Nothing is out of reach if you're willing to work your tail off to get it, and have that much faith that there is a bigger picture that you were meant to add your stamp to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

For the past few years we've had project after project of remodeling here in the Southwest, and let me tell you, I'm ever so thankful for the work and the income they have provided.. but putting things back together is always a bit more tiresome than building it from scratch. Although, they both have their upsides and making things shine like new again has it's rich rewards.

>> I would just love to get my hands on an old building either on the east coast, or the west.. either coast will do for my taste.. and completely renovate it into loft spaces for sale or rent. My brain and hands are just itching to tackle one or ten. With Dad and Tina – Wallflower Diaries – as my partners (we each add a different perspective to a project) these spaces would just be spectacular. <<

Hey, I will do them one day and plenty of them. It's my dream. Of course I'd like to fund them myself and pocket the profit from sales and rents.. but it sure would be fun to get paid to tackle one as a paid project! Just putting it out there world. Just putting it out there. But seriously, call me.

Here is my favorite loft space, it has always inspired my imagination!

Gerard Bulter's New York Loft >> Architectural Digest
View More >> Architectural Digest

View More >> Architectural Digest

View More >> Architectural Digest

View More >> Architectural Digest


We'll get into my obsession with the coast in the next post.. maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment